Thursday, July 18, 2013

More Catchup!

Wow! I am seriously not that great at this blogging thing. It's now been almost two years since my last post, and I have learned that I can't promise that more will keep coming.

Since my last post, we moved to Lewisville, TX after Bill got his job with Packer's Plus. It was so hard to have him gone all the time while trying to raise William basically on my own. Those eight months were the longest, hardest months of our entire marriage so far, but we've come out the other side so much stronger and better as a couple and as a family. After eight months at Packers Plus, however, they let him go, and once again he was looking for employment. After a few months he secured a job at Weatherford, Inc., another oil company. This job was located in Jane Lew, WV. So, we made the major move out to Horner, WV, which turned out to be about 15 minutes from the shop he was working at. After two months at Weatherford, however, he was let go due to a technicality. I cannot begin to tell how disheartening this was for us all, to once again be on the unemployment line. We managed okay with the help of many friends and family, and learned soon after he became unemployed that I was pregnant with our second son. We held out for another few months in WV, when Bill found basically his dream job. It was with a company called Spectrum Tracer Services, based in Tulsa, OK. This job would allow for Bill to be home every day, it's in his field, and it's doing lab work (which happens to be something he truly loves doing.) By this time it was January, and I was about 4.5 months pregnant. After a lot of prayer and thought, we felt this was the right thing for us to do. So, once again, we packed up and moved out.

As short as our stay was in West Virginia, we will never forget the wonderful friends we made there, and how truly amazing the people are out there. Maybe one day we'll be able to return and visit some of the dear friends we made.

So now, we live in Tulsa, OK. This is the weirdest thing for me, as a born-and-raised Texan, to be living in Oklahoma. It really took some getting used to, but I think this area is by far the best place we've ever lived. The people here are so welcoming and truly good people. We've already made several friends and continue to make more. Bill loves his work so much, and enjoys finally having a job in his field. This is the best opportunity he's had to really start developing his career and making his way forward in his field. We're so proud of him and everything that he's done for our family.

William turned 2 years old this past June. He's has gotten so big and tall! He is learning new words all the time, still loves to read as much as he can, and loves playing with his Mommy and Daddy so much. He currently attends speech therapy to help him learn new syllables and new words, and to help him begin to form sentences. We really are proud of the progress he's made, and hope to have a chatterbox by Christmas this year.

This past June we were so happy and blessed to welcome our second son into our family. Our sweet Bruce Wayne Nievar was born on June 5, 2013, at 11:15 am. He weighed 6 lbs, 13 oz, and was 20 inches long. The experience we had at this hospital was far superior to our experience at the hospital where William was born. The staff were all so wonderful and caring, the food was amazing, and I just couldn't have asked for a better overall experience.

Bruce is 6 weeks old now, and is starting to hold his head up all by himself. He's even starting to sleep at night for 4-, almost 5-hour stretches. He's so adorable, and every day we can't help but feel so blessed to have him in our little family.

William loves being a big brother so much. He tries to hold Bruce every chance he gets, and is all too eager to let me know when the baby is crying. It was a pretty difficult transition for him at first, but I think he really is enjoying having a little brother now.

It's very interesting having a toddler and an infant at the same time. It's definitely a very delicate balancing act every day. I don't think I've ever been more grateful for the wonderful blessings of eternal marriage. Knowing that you have someone always there for you whenever you need them is such a blessing, especially during such a delicate time in our lives as this. No matter how hard or easy the day has been, I know that I can go to my wonderfully supportive and understanding husband for anything I may need.

Well, that's a pretty basic summary of the past two years. Hopefully I'll be able to keep with this a little bit more, but like I said, I can't make any promises. It's been a crazy couple of years, and we're looking forward to quite a few more!

For pictures over the past couple of years, see my facebook page... there are just too many to even try and post here. I'll keep posting new pictures every now and then up here.


No comments:

Post a Comment